Ethylene Glycol Toxicity in Pets Bucks County Veterinarian

Ethylene glycol is an odorless, colorless, sweet liquid that makes up nearly 95% of car antifreeze. This type of poisoning typically occurs when antifreeze drips from a car radiator or if it is spilled onto the ground when being transferred into the car engine. Your pet may then lick the spillage off of the floor or lick their paws off after running through the antifreeze puddle, ingesting the toxin into their bodies. There is a very small range of margin of toxicity when it comes to ethylene glycol ingestion, in other words, a small dosage of this organic compound can result in fatal toxicity. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog